Elven World Adventures

Celtic Mythology, Multidimensional Soul Star Travelers, Tuatha de Danann

This is way off topic. I've noticed that this site is URL secured and locked as far as the URL address is concerned. However after looking around at many other Ning sites I've noticed a few of them are not secured, what's the difference? Just curious!

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The difference is in how the data between your computer and ning server is send. SSL, securing, slows down speed of sending and receiving data, but that was an issue over 10 years ago, nowadays it has no visible effect on loading pages.

How it works easy enough for everyone to understand:

on non secured web, when you are logging in:

Your webbrowser: Password: 12345

On the way: Password: 12345

On the server: Password: 12345

versus On SSL secured site when you are logging in:

Your webbrowser: Password: 12345 (your browser codes data)

On the way: 3v6^m0*cdw{\ahU (example)

On the server: Password: 12345 (server decodes data)

Each time the key to decode is unique and agreed upon between your browser and the server. Makes stealing passwords and data impossible on the way, leaving only hacked or virus infected browser to be the way. It was very good and big step forward in web security and safety. even virus added on the way would turn into gibberish code when the receiver would decode the data.

Now all that info just went right over my head Morell lol..

Is Bill and you talking about the unsecure symbol with a lock on the top bar that all Ning sites had issues with not so long ago...saying the site was unsafe? and we had to notify Ning for them to make it secure for us otherwise IDK what you guys are discussing???

Alright, I'm assuming what you're saying Morrell is that on a secured sight my password is encoded and much more difficult for hackers to get access to, or to guess at?

Actually almost impossible, that is why hackers do not use this way to steal passwords anymore. They either guess or attempt to trick users to send them the password, for example using fake login pages.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Multi Dimensional Reality

The world as you know it - all that you see, taste, feel and touch, comprises only about 5% of all of the stuff of the universe. The other 95% is what we have considered "nothing" or the "firmament" or the heavens or mystic Other Worlds. This 95% is multi-dimensional and consists of potential realities that may be perceived.

Notes

ElvenWorld Celtic Fantasy Adventures

Celtic indigenous wisdom & Mythology. Learn more about the Celtic Pantheon at www.elvenworld.org
The Elven World Adventures are part of a culture and community you see here. Please join us and share the wisdom and beauty.

Created by Tara Pelton Mar 11, 2018 at 7:20pm. Last updated by Tara Pelton Jan 13.

Videos

• Add Videos

Latest Activity

Ꮙℓἇ∂ἇ ኔጡ። posted a blog post

Indigo Children Indoctrinated into Falsely Created World & Reality..

Indigo Children Indoctrinated Into a Falsely Created World & Reality..I wish to send out a warning to all about religious mind control within this reality & indoctrinated into our new generation of Indigo/Chrystalline/Octrine star children...Just the other day on a website I entered a discussion on a blog post titled: - 'About Gifted Children' and it was about their realities & the abilities of these Autistic, Asbergers, ADHD & the gifted children,and what they can see that…See More
7 hours ago
Ꮙℓἇ∂ἇ ኔጡ። added 2 discussions to the group Galactics, Starseeds, Crystals, Star Travelers, Pleiadians and more
8 hours ago
Morell Sunweaver replied to Bill Walker's discussion A Photo Taken by the Mars Curiosity Rover
"Of course, but at the first sight even I was like: Wtf did that robot find there? :D As it reminded me of the traps of Myrmeleon formicarius, they use them to catch and eat other bugs. Not the same thing at all, but still..."
20 hours ago
Ꮙℓἇ∂ἇ ኔጡ። replied to Bill Walker's discussion A Photo Taken by the Mars Curiosity Rover
"LOL you can even see the shadow of the rover above them..so was it taking samples of the rock."
yesterday
Morell Sunweaver replied to Bill Walker's discussion Hollywood's vision of Elves in the group Elves
"Well, I do have experience with Vala Melkor, so there might be elven lands. Elves were known to the vikings and Celts, who had possibly contacts with other worlds, so elves might be existing quite fine somewhere in the galaxy. Some believe that they…"
yesterday
Morell Sunweaver replied to Bill Walker's discussion A Photo Taken by the Mars Curiosity Rover
"Hey, here you have something very strange photographed on mars! uh... and before yous tart making wild ideas... well, those are drilling holes made by the rover Perseverance. :D Closeup"
yesterday
Cosmic Traveller liked Morell Sunweaver's discussion Shadow Self: How to Embrace Your Inner Darkness (3 Techniques)
yesterday
Morell Sunweaver added a discussion to the group Shadow Work and Dark Night of the Soul
Thumbnail

Shadow Self: How to Embrace Your Inner Darkness (3 Techniques)

Borrowed from: https://lonerwolf.com/shadow-self/by · Jun 12, 2021 · 261 CommentsBeneath the social mask we wear every day, we have a hidden shadow side: an impulsive, wounded, sad, or isolated part that we generally try to ignore. The Shadow can be a source of emotional richness and vitality,…See More
yesterday
Morell Sunweaver joined Carl Gustaf Prien's group
Thumbnail

Shadow Work and Dark Night of the Soul

Shadow Work - This group is to discuss intuitive psychology, esoteric psychology, Dr. Carl Jung's work, as well as sharing information and experiences with regards to doing Shadow Work.  Topics such as 'Dark Night of the Soul' are included.See More
yesterday
Morell Sunweaver replied to Morell Sunweaver's discussion Dark music for relaxation in darkness in the group Dark beings, night beings
yesterday
Morell Sunweaver commented on Carl Gustaf Prien's group Psychics and Shamans
yesterday
Morell Sunweaver commented on Tara Pelton's group Shores of Valinor
"It is worth the time to learn a lot about viking spirituality, that is strongly connected with Toliken's work. It really helps me to rip off all that Christianity plague Tolkien added to the knowledge he was giving to humans. I'm wondering…"
yesterday
Tara Pelton posted a status
Friday
Tara Pelton posted a status
"You can search for Time of the Sixth Sun to watch this film about indigenous shamanism for free until 29 Nov xoxo"
Friday
Morell Sunweaver replied to Bill Walker's discussion URL lock or unsecured
"Actually almost impossible, that is why hackers do not use this way to steal passwords anymore. They either guess or attempt to trick users to send them the password. (or reset code on FB that allows them to log in without it)"
Friday
Morell Sunweaver replied to Bill Walker's discussion Why do spirits/ghosts like to haunt theaters? in the group Paranormal Experiences
"Both probably. Also they can speak with each other telling about you and your interest in them."
Friday

© 2021   Created by Tara Pelton.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service